Call for applications – School of Engineering, Science and Technology
The School of Engineering, Science and Technology from Universidad del Rosario is looking multiple full-time tenure track faculty members, preferably with a Ph.D. degree or close to finish the doctorate
Opening of the call:
10 March 2023
Closing date for receipt of applications:
14 May 2023
Requisitos para aplicar
The School of Engineering, Science and Technology from Universidad del Rosario is looking multiple full-time tenure track faculty members, preferably with a Ph.D. degree or close to finish the doctorate with background in any of the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence, Big data, Data Science, Human Computer Interaction, Software engineering.
- Applied Math, Cryptography, Cybersecurity.
- Computer networks, Telecommunications, data network infrastructure design, network management and security, antennas design and theory, and wireless technologies.
- Strategic planning, Logistics, Production and optimization, Ergonomics, Operations management, Industrial economics, Decision Sciences and finance, Organizational transformation, Industry 4.0, Service industry, Supply Chain Management.
- Energy markets, Smart grids, Electric vehicles, Renewable energy, Power system analysis, Energy systems optimization, Offshore wind energy, Advanced distribution automation.
If your area of application was not mentioned but you have an interesting trajectory and potential to contribute to the school, please do not hesitate to send your application.
An applicant needs the ability to
1. Teach a broad range of courses required for the major and the graduate programs, in engineering, math or computer science, both upper and lower division.
2. Be actively engaged in and sustain our research program, which includes authoring original research work in high impact journals and events, writing internal and external grant proposals, and service on national committees and professional organizations.
3. Meaningfully contribute to the University and Program’s mission of supporting the diverse student body via rich, culturally relevant, learning experiences and community building.
4. Engage students in research experiences in new and relevant areas of engineering, applied mathematics and computer science.
5. Model research-based, inclusive, pedagogy by using a variety of innovative and proven pedagogical approaches including the use of technology.
6. Assume some administrative responsibilities to help support activities, programs, or services that the program offers to its academic and research community.
The candidates must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong international background, an aptitude for teamwork, and a scholarly interest in high quality ICT education and research. Relevant industry experience and indexed publications are a plus. Faculty members at the School of Engineering, Science and Technology are expected to take part in academic and administrative tasks, teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise theses, conduct high quality research in collaboration with industry and publish in top journals. We look for highly motivated candidates with a will to generate impact through teaching, research, and projects in collaboration with industry partners. Certified fluency in English and Spanish is required, equivalent to the B2 level in the European Common Framework.
About the University
Universidad del Rosario , founded in 1653, is ranked Top 40 by the QS LATAM ranking and with more than 13.000 students, is one of the oldest and most recognized private academic institutions in Colombia. Universidad del Rosario is committed to provide a solid scientific, humanistic, and ethical education to its students by relying on outstanding academic staff and teaching excellence.
About the School of Engineering, Science and Technology
The School of Engineering, Science and Technology is a recent academic unit at Universidad del Rosario which is characterized by its culture of innovation in teaching, research and extension. The school has four different undergraduate programs (Applied mathematics and computer science, Industrial Eng., Electronics Eng., and Energy Systems Eng.) additional to six graduate and one Ph.D program. This school aims to lead training in the country in engineering, science and technology, emphasizing the solution of local problems with global vision and technologies.
The school is committed to the generation and transfer of knowledge with nationally and internationally recognized professor-researchers. Our graduates will stand out for their excellent academic and human qualities in Colombia and overseas.
Application documents should be submitted in English by email. The following information should be included:
- Cover letter (1000 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages) – Please include a list of the 5 most recent or top cited journal publications
- Second language certification B2 or equivalent
- Research statement (1000 words)
- Teaching statement (1000 words)
- Two reference letters with contact information
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
All documents must be sent to email@example.com in a single PDF file.
All new qualified faculty members can apply for a research starting grant. In addition, the University provides competitive incentives for publication on top journals. Small grants for research projects and mobility are also available annually. Work will take place in Bogotá, Colombia. Screening of applications will begin immediately with a fast schedule until all positions are filled.
We look forward to receiving applications as soon as possible. Applications will be processed as they are received. The search will continue until the positions are filled.
Universidad del Rosario is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Opening of the call: 10 March 2023
Closing date for receipt of applications: 14 may 2023