ALEJANDRO CHEYNE GARCÍA
- Rector at Universidad del Rosario
He served as Dean of the School of Management before being elected Rector of Universidad del Rosario. He is currently Global Chair of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), being the first person from Latin American or from Colombian to hold this position in the association.
He is widely regarded as one of the most esteemed professors in higher education programs in Colombia. His strong desire to share his theoretical and practical learning experiences from a very young age has earned him several awards such as "Collegian of Distinction of the Rosario", "The Outstanding Young People" of the Junior Chamber International Colombia, and outstanding professor in graduate programs, among others.
- PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
- He served as Rector of the Business University Foundation of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá (Uniempresarial) for ten years.
- He was Vice Dean of the School of Economics at Universidad Sergio Arboleda.
- He was Construction Manager and Director of the Business Advisory Unit of Universidad del Rosario and Graduate Diploma Coordinator at Universidad de la Sabana.
- He taught differential and integral calculus, among other professorships.
- STUDIES - AWARDS:
- He studied at Gimnasio Los Cerros.
- He is an Economist from Universidad del Rosario with a Graduate Diploma in University Teaching, a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, and a Master's Degree in Pedagogy.
- He holds a Doctorate in Pedagogy from UPAEP University in Mexico and has completed studies in International Senior Management.
- He has received awards such as the Military Medal of Distinguished Services of the Armed Forces, Executive of the Year of the Junior Chamber, Collegian of Distinction of the Universidad del Rosario, and best professor in various universities.
Artículo. La Nota Económica
Artículo. Revista Semana
Visita aquí más artículos, columnas de opinión y demás contenido
Diálogos con Alejandro Cheyne
Es una iniciativa de la Dirección de Comunicaciones y Reputación Institucional, en la que el rector de la institución dialoga con diferentes actores de la sociedad sobre temas de interés general.
Es una iniciativa de la Rectoría de la Universidad del Rosario que busca visibilizar los desafíos y logros de emprendedores Rosaristas, desde todos sus ángulos.